After a couple of months of work, the new version of my website is online!
The entire website has been re-done from scratches. The first version has been published 3 years ago and has changed a lot since then.
As the amount of content and games kept increasing, a complete overhaul became necessary in order to keep it easy to navigate and allow further expansion.
Major improvements include:
- A separate tutorials section and a lot of new tutorials. In addition, all existing articles have been re-organized, improved and updated.
- New Portfolio section, for a quick glance at my latest projects.
- You can now search for contents in the website using the search bar.
- New comment system, using Disqus so you don't need a new account.
- New layout makes it easier and faster to navigate section. Also, contacts are always on top-right of the page now.
- Responsive layout, navigate the website on tablet and mobile without loading a different version every time.
There's still some work to do and new articles are in the pipeline and coming in the next days.
Feedbacks are welcomed as usual!
I'm having a very good time at King. My first project here is Farm Heroes Saga, available on Facebook. We're really busy creating new episodes, polishing the game and adding new stuff, so make sure to give it a shot if you haven't already, it's a lot of fun!
Unfortunately I've not been able to publish new tutorials in the website this month, but I have good news.
Unity3D Game Development by Example, a series of video tutorial I've worked on as a technical reviewer around a year ago, before joining Playfish, has been published recently. It's a very good starting point if you want to learn Unity, as it covers all the basics and show how to create a working project from scratches.
I thought it would be good to post some updates in the frontpage, so let's start.
I've updated the tutorial section with new tutorials:
- I started a Game Boy C programming tutorial as I'm making some small retro-prototypes in my free time. It's still work in progress, but you can take a look here: GameBoy Programming tutorial
After a very enjoyable time at Playfish London, it's now time to move on! The next Monday I'll join King London as a game developer.
King is an international gaming company with studios in London, San Francisco, Barcelona, Hamburg, Malta, Malmo, Bucharest and Stockholm. We publish games for Facebook, mobile and on King website. There are more than 150 games in 14 languages currently available and counting.
As the company is growing really fast, this is going to be an awesome experience, working on games played by more than 66 million daily active users.
Good news! I'll start working at Playfish London on the 20th of August, next Monday, as a Game developer.
I'm very excited to join Playfish as I'll be able to work on games played by millions of players world-wide and learn a lot of cool stuff. The work place is very very cool.
For this reason, I won't be able to keep working as a freelancer. I'm not going to work on my personal projects too for a while, as I'll be very busy in this period.
On the other hand, I'll surely keep updating my website with tutorials and articles on game dev, so keep checking it out!